As of November 11, 2012, the PSUPedia and its affiliated wikis have made the transition to read-only mode. While edits can no longer be made, we hope you will continue to enjoy the data collected by the community for years to come!
From The PSUPedia
??? photons are actually the name of placeholders in certain boards indicating that different types of photons (most commonly elemental photons) can be placed in that spot in the board.
All melee weapon boards will accept elemental photons. The type of elemental photon used can reduce the success rate by a small percentage, and changes the final product's element:
- Photons create neutral weapons
- Ban-photons create fire based weapons
- Ray-photons create ice based weapons
- Di-photons create ground based weapons
- Zon-photons create lightning based weapons
- Gra-photons create light based weapons
- Megi-photons create dark based weapons
Using photons designed for ranged (Im-photon) or TECHNIC (El-photon) weapons on a melee weapon board will make that weapon elementally neutral () and reduce the success rate by a significant percentage. This is generally not advisable.