As of November 11, 2012, the PSUPedia and its affiliated wikis have made the transition to read-only mode. While edits can no longer be made, we hope you will continue to enjoy the data collected by the community for years to come!
From The PSUPedia
|This article pertains to an item, mission or other feature which is exclusive to the Japanese PC version of Phantasy Star Universe.|
Free course (フリーコース) is a service which allows you to play Ambition of the Illuminus online for free simply by registering a PSU ID. If you had previously paid for a GUARDIANS License and either canceled it or allowed it to lapse, you will be logged in as a free course player. There are certain restrictions to free course, however, which can be lifted by registering for premium course.
Free course features
- You can play online for free by registering a PSU ID and downloading and installing the free client software.
- There is no need to purchase an Illuminus game key or GUARDIANS License.
Earning EXP and MP
- You can still earn EXP, photon art EXP, AEXP and mission points by playing missions.
- You can raise your characters to the current level cap, LV180.
- There is no limit to the amount of time you log in and play.
- You can freely play each of the following mission types:
- Story missions (all 10 chapters of Episode 2, all 8 chapters of Episode 3)
- Party missions
- Partner missions
- Event missions
- Item exchange missions
- GUARDIANS Cash missions (including item upgrade and GC Shop)
- GUARDIANS advanced missions
- Door to subspace (side story mission)
- Versus missions
- Recruitment missions
- Mission tutorial (initiated by the NPC at Clyez City 1F)
- Training missions
- You may freely move between each of the following universes:
- 01: Event/GBR
- 02: Beginner
- 03: G. Colony/GAM
- 04: Parum
- 05: Neudaiz
- 06: Moatoob
- Please note that you cannot enter your room.
- Though you cannot enter your room, you can still access your common box from NPC vendors.
- Common box storage gives you 100 item storage places per entrance.
- You can access Moatoob's Casino Voloyal and collect a daily allowance of 50 Vol Coins.
- You can play the roulette wheel and slot machines, and trade in your Vol Coins for items at the exchange counter.
- You can collect 1 DS per day at the Resident Security Department (Clyez City 3F).
- All features of the GUARDIANS Cash system are open to free course players.
- Enjoy all GUARDIANS Cash missions, including GC Shop and The Upgrade Device!
- While you can pick up items dropped in missions by monsters and boxes, you cannot pick up items dropped by other players.
- Furthermore, the "trade items" function in the options menu cannot be used.
- While items dropped by other players cannot be picked up, items dropped by GMs, such as rewards for participating in GM events, can be picked up.
Free course restrictions
- The following missions and mission types cannot be played under free course:
GUARDIANS advanced style
- While you cannot access the GAS mission to purchase new customizations, any customizations you may have purchased as a premium course player carry over to free course.
- You cannot enter the following universes:
- 07: Premium only
- 08: Premium only
- Access to your room is cut off as a free course player, effectively revoking access to the following features:
- Vol Coin and Daily Stamp allowances are limited to free course players.