As of November 11, 2012, the PSUPedia and its affiliated wikis have made the transition to read-only mode. While edits can no longer be made, we hope you will continue to enjoy the data collected by the community for years to come!
Maximum Attack G (event)
From The PSUPedia
This article pertains to an event which is no longer active, but is kept for historical purposes.
Maximum Attack G was an event based around a battle simulator called "Maximum Attack" which was discovered on Rykros. Scientists and researchers were successful in reconstructing the simulator, but there was one final block they couldn't seem to bypass. The only way to move past this last obstacle was by defeating 100,000,000 enemies in the simulator. All willing and able Guardians were called upon to work together in reaching this goal!
As players defeated enemies in the simulator, their total kills were added to a server-wide kill count. Once specific milestones were reached, various rewards were unlocked. Certain rewards became available immediately, while most were held until a point following the end of the event. Aside from this, other rewards were given out to players who earned a spot in the leader boards for total individual kill counts and Maximum Attack G S time attack runs.
Due to numerous PC/PS2 users who received error 065 (which prevented players from logging in) during the event, Maximum Attack G was extended by three weeks. The total kill count from the initial event carried over to the second event allowing everyone to continue to work toward the ultimate goal of 200 million kills, though new kill count and time attack leader boards began, giving those who fell victim to error 065 a chance at getting their hands on rare items like the Spread Needle/G.
The Maximum Attack G extension began August 1, 2008, and ran through August 21.
Four missions were available during the run of this event. While playing the free missions, players benefited from a 250% increase to both drop rates and enemy EXP payout.
As the event progressed, points were earned based on the number of enemies killed in the event missions. These points were totaled and then used to unlock special event bonuses such as in-game rewards and extra event mission content. Of the following rewards, the first 10 were unlocked in the initial run of Maximum Attack G and delivered on August 1, 2008. The final two rewards were unlocked during the event extension and were delivered on September 26, 2008.
- The rare mission Hit the Counter! opened up to parties that brought the server-wide kill total to a multiple of 50,000. Players received [B] Bouquet as a reward.
- The 500 players with the most individual kills were awarded a Spread Needle/G. In addition, the top player received a Gold Medal, the 2nd through 40th players earned a Silver Medal, and the 41st through 100th players were awarded a Bronze Medal. The top 500 players are tracked on the official event website.
- The player with the fastest clear time of Maximum Attack G S received a Gold Medal. The 2nd through 40th players received a Silver Medal, and the 41st through 100th players were awarded a Bronze Medal. The top 500 players were tracked on the official event website.
- Official event announcement
- Official Maximum Attack G 1st site
- Official Maximum Attack G 2nd site
- Japanese Maximum Attack G site
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 As compensation for the long delay in reward delivery, the two week reward period was extended to three weeks.
- ↑ Though the official image reads "super holy," the actual reward was for megaholy light. As noted by the shrine maiden at Shitenkaku, superholy is one step down from megaholy.
- ↑ The door to Ruins opened automatically after 10 minutes had passed.