As of November 11, 2012, the PSUPedia and its affiliated wikis have made the transition to read-only mode. While edits can no longer be made, we hope you will continue to enjoy the data collected by the community for years to come!
From The PSUPedia
For the Type-based hidden stat that literally means 'luck' and only affects the critical hit rate, please refer to CHR.
Photon Fortune, also called Holy Light and popularly just referred to as Luck (originating from fan translations), is an attribute through which randomized events and processes in the game are modified. Every day at 12:00 AM (JST for the Japanese servers, PST for the English and Xbox 360 ones), each of the eight possible race/gender combinations is assigned a value from zero to three (0 to 3), where zero is the most unlucky and three is the luckiest; these assignments are the same each day for all servers. Luck appears next to the character name, as seen in the images to the right. For missions, luck is determined by whatever the party leader's/host luck is.
Effects of Photon Fortune
- Slightly increases success rate when grinding weapons.
- Increases enemy drop rate.
- Item drops from boss boxes.
Although many of these are still widely believed by the general player base, none of the following are confirmed to be affected by Photon Fortune:
- Quality of drops
- Chance for super-rare items (such as S-rank weapon boards) to drop
- Synthing success rate or attribute percentage
- Rare spawn appearance rate
- Casino Voloyal slot machine odds
- Special drops such as Igg Crown or Gaozoran Rod
- ↑ As per GM Edward at http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=5334636&postcount=253
Photon arts | Skills | Bullets | TECHNICs | Item synthesis | Weapon grinding | Set bonuses | Partner machines | Elements | Status effects | Stats | Formulae | Enemies | Enemy spawn charts | Photon Fortune