As of November 11, 2012, the PSUPedia and its affiliated wikis have made the transition to read-only mode. While edits can no longer be made, we hope you will continue to enjoy the data collected by the community for years to come!
From The PSUPedia
Tekki is a trap.
also, i read buffs as butts D: Ahzeeb! :333 15:58, 13 August 2006 (PDT)
needs info about remote detonation of G --SiegeV 02:02, 2 January 2007 (CST)
I noticed the types article had more information then traps then the traps article. So I ported the data over and tried to clean it up into a respectable looking article. I did a little field testing on the timers on traps and G traps and updated the data to match the information. Traps certainly do not vanish after 20 seconds, I had a g trap on the floor for well over a minute and it showed no signs of vanishing. I did find switching your active weapon was a surefire way to remove all your traps however. I am making a presumption that the trap data in the types article is accurate until proven otherwise so outside of cleaning up and placing data in relevent sections I left the actual information largely untouched. I don't have a full list of type proficiencies with traps currently. I know fortegunner and protranser can use all traps, and I know that the fighgunner can use all but silence shock and virus. Anything else and I need to find information on proficiency. --Ccelizic 03:30, 14 June 2007 (BST)
- Can you get/add information on # of enemies that can be affected by each type of trap? Some people have told me otherwise, but I find that I can hit a maximum of 4 targets with 1 G trap. Also, I noticed that Poison G's add knockdown. Not clear on the # of targets, however. Maybe that's an important bit to add? Also, Damage traps have a larger hit radius and animation. I'm not really sure if any of this is important information or not x.x But while we're on the whole trap thing, does anyone who know the %DoT counts for each status effect? It'd be great to have a chart of each level of SE and the %DoT rates. We could then tie it into the status effects page and expand it with counts per SE and just keep a copy of the Lv3 SE chart on the traps page. Hiro 04:50, 14 June 2007 (BST)
- Those are some good quesetions. We can test the number of targets very easily in Linear Line, herd up a large back of baddies, drop a trap in their midst and count how many drop dead. I never really noticed knockdown with poison G's since you mentioned it I'm going to test it out. I was debating a secondary effects page for the 'pedia myself. All I can figure out is burning 1 inflicts 5% of your max hp damage every 2 seconds. That is presuming burning from a Vanda in Valley of Carnage C is a level 1 status affect. That's something else to test for. If you got any more information on traps by all means post it up. But all of that sounds like worthwhile stuff to test. If you have more data then what's here then put it up. --Ccelizic 09:01, 14 June 2007 (BST)
- Going by data from my force character, Damfoie starts and ends at Lv3 Burn SE. If what a few of my dedicated ranger friends have said is true, Lv3 Burn does ~25% of max hp over a period of 20 seconds. Virus Lv3 apparently does ~40% of max hp over a period of 40 seconds. I have no data on Poison, but I'm assuming it hits somewhere between Burn and Virus over a period of 50-60 seconds. Now going by the trends for buffs and debuffs, I'm assuming that Lv4 Burn gains 5% bringing the total damage to ~30% of max hp over a period of 20 seconds. Likewise, Lv4 Virus hits for about 45% of max hp over the same period of 40 seconds. I also heard something like while Burn continuously hits for dmg until HP=1, Virus could actually kill the afflicted target. I have not confirmed this yet, as the only monsters that can easily inflict virus are Deljabans so far, and they hit a little too hard to efficiently test this out. When I get the time (It's finals season), I'll test Virus Gs on some high leveled monsters so they can survive the initial blast damage. Unless, of course, someone else volunteers for the sake of hasty progress ;P. Hiro 22:13, 14 June 2007 (BST)
- I can confirm that burn cannot kill. I had burn drop me to 1 hp the other day got caught in a vanda crossfire, not fun. I think the data on the actual affects of the status affects would need its own article however. --Ccelizic 22:22, 14 June 2007 (BST)
- I toyed around with various damage over time status effects. Since it digresses from the topic I'll send it straight to Hiro's discussion page. Poison traps definitely knockdown anything they effect. Damage traps do not have a larger area of effect as far as I can see but their blast LOOKS bigger. --Ccelizic 02:59, 15 June 2007 (BST)