As of November 11, 2012, the PSUPedia and its affiliated wikis have made the transition to read-only mode. While edits can no longer be made, we hope you will continue to enjoy the data collected by the community for years to come!
From The PSUPedia
Source for success rate shorthand cutoffs?
- Just to satisfy my curiosity: What's the source on the ranges each NPC-given success possibility cover (e.g. "No failure" = 95.0%-100.0%)? Tych added them June last year so I believe them, but I'm still interested in knowing where they came from. The original bible? Miraglyth 12:10, 1 April 2008 (CDT)
- I'm not sure if it came from the original PB or not. I'll have to check my copy when I get home tonight. - EspioKaos 12:33, 1 April 2008 (CDT)
- So, I started on stat increments. I realize that Att./Tech. fields are still missing, and that the colspan interface just really fails >_<;, but bear with the latter for a bit please. I believe it may at least be useful while trying to complete the figures. I hope this is going to work out. - Tycho 17:24, 17 November 2006 (PST)
- I'm having some difficulties with this setup, not all b/c class of same make grind the same should i individually list each weapon??? example... tenora brand 4 star and tenora brand 5/6 star sabers grind differently but both are B class weapons, instead of listing each weapon on 1 page, making it unbelievably huge, should i start page for each class of weapon ie weapon grinding sabers (listing all sabers) new page weapon grinding twin sabers (listing all) [[Battoh 16:55, 8 March 2007 (UTC)]]
- Under this system, Grinding tables would be included in item pages. Needs to be worked out and templatized though... seperate pages divided by weapon type for grinding weapons doesn't sound like a bad idea though. Mewn 19:48, 8 March 2007 (UTC)
- Made one for swords, if looks ok, then i'll go ahead on others... sry if the massive changes, took a lil trial and error to look ok... [[Battoh 20:20, 8 March 2007 (UTC)]]
- It's nice, but the table and the data is all far too bunched together and that makes it difficult to read. You might want to try doing something like this though, it will make the page bigger but it'll be a lot clearer.
- On another note, I'll probably change this article title to 'Weapon Grinding (Swords)' as I think it sounds clearer. Mewn 21:42, 8 March 2007 (UTC)
- The Stat Increments section should probably be moved to an entirely new page to optimise the loading times. This is probably more convenient for people who have to quickly find out something rather than trawl through mountains of stuff or wait a while and althought this is off-topic, there are alot of other pages that could do with the same thing heres a list of them for any who care. I also think that Battoh's idea of using a format similar to that of the JP wiki is good because right now it looks abit confusing. D-Scythe
I didn't bother to read this whole page to see if my info has already been posted but when grinding S rank weapons i used a S+8 for 0-1 and it was no chance for failure instead of very high like this pages says, also the same thing when i used a S+9 for 1-2; no chance for failure. but at S+10 2-3 was correct saying very high
oh btw the weapons i was grinding were fuka-misaki(*10) and yamata-misaki(*11) and both had the same results
- The info on the article is for the base success rates. There's currently a grind boost going on, so it goes without saying that the current info is 'wrong,' but it should be correct again when the bonus runs out. I'll stick a note on the article itself though just to make this clear. In the meantime this should be accurate:  (thanks to green_man for pointing this out to me). Oh, and as a small note, it helps if you sign your comments using ~~~~ so we can see who you are and when you made the comment. - Mewn 06:09, 3 October 2008 (CDT)
Megaholy Fortune. A-Rank 5 -> 6
When grinding my Python, I got it to 5/10. I decided to use a Grinder A+3 next, and she said Fifty-Fifty. It indicates Low here on the tables. ChaseNetwork 15:16, 22 November 2011 (EST)
- You guys have a grind boost of +15% going on right now, so all of the in-game rates will be higher than these charts. They'll go back to normal after maintenance ends on December 2, though. - EspioKaos 20:09, 22 November 2011 (EST)
- Oh, that sucks then. I keep breaking on my C+10s. ChaseNetwork 02:43, 24 November 2011 (EST)
Ending the myth behind 'Guaranteed' and 'No chance'
Due to the constant debates I have seen on the official forums, I decided I would edit the overview of the odds for success chart to reflect that when the message 'There is no chance of failure' appears, it does in fact mean 100% success. I have grinded weapons with success rates of 95-98% (and even broke a weapon with a 98% chance too!) and the in game message never read as no chance of failure, but in fact 'The probability of success seems very high.". I have also edited the 'No chance of success' cell as well, as I have verfied on theoretical 3-5% chance grinds that the message would read Very low and not 'No chance'. Hope this clears up informational debates in the future!
A Man in Flames 12:04, 9 March 2012 (EST)